We hope you are all safe during the power outage. Many of your systems have been designed with surge protection and some with surge protection with battery backup. These units are specify implemented in your system to protect it from events like yesterday. Some of these units will come back online automatically and others will need to be manually brought online. In order to turn these units back on please follow the steps below (most of these units are located at the bottom of your equipment racks).
1) Locate the power unit (Below are some pictures of what it might look like) (It might have one of following names on the front, Belkin, Apc, Panamax, Furman, Monster Power, Crestron).
2) Press and hold the power button for 3 to 5 seconds (at which point you will hear a beeping sound, some models).
3) This should start to power on your equipment rack.
4) Depending on the size of your system (number of remotes, Smart light switches, HVAC, touchscreens, TV’s, Security Cameras). It will take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes for it to fully reboot.
5) Once the system is up please use it minimally for 2 to 3 hours to allow the battery units to recharge.
If you have any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 858-271-4154.